See also Thai Fish Cakes
- 1 Red Onion diced small
- 3 Cloves fresh garlic-chopped fine
- 1/4 Bunch cilantro-chopped
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper-diced
- 1/2 Cup black olives-sliced
- 1/2 Cup green olives-sliced
- 2 Jalapenos-chopped fine
- 3 Cups tomatoes-chopped
- 2 Cups orange juice
- 1 Lime-juiced
1. In a saucepan with a little oil saute the onions until they start to get soft (about 4 minutes).
See also Fish Japanese-Style
2. Add the garlic and the bell pepper, cook one minute more, add the jalapenos, orange juice, lime juice, tomatoes, olives and a pinch of salt and pepper. Let simmer about 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and let cool. Add chopped cilantro.
4. Put in a container, label, date and refrigerate.
5. To order: Season and lightly flour a portion of the red snapper, sear in a hot saute pan with a little oil for about 30 seconds, turn over and add about 4 oz of the sauce.
6. Reduce heat and let simmer (covered) 2-3 minutes until slightly thickened.
7. Serve with rice and black beans, garnish with green onions and a lime wedge.
Enjoy delicious recipes with King Buffet.