See also Thai Fish Cakes
King Buffet Ingredients For The Dish:
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] cold water
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] flour
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] cornstarch
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound [454 g] fish fillets or thin steaks
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] butter
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] capers or small pickles, diced
King Buffet Directions:
In a deep bowl, beat together egg white and cold water.
Onto waxed paper, mix together flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper.
Coat each fish fillet or steak with egg white mixture; then coat with flour mixture.
See also Fish Japanese-Style
Preheat a microwave-oven browning plate for 6 minutes on ‘HIGH’.
Pour in vegetable oil, without removing the plate from the oven; arrange coated fish fillets or steaks, side-by-side onto plate.
Well press each fish piece with a fork, so that they stick well to the browning plate.
Microwave for 6 minutes on ‘HIGH’, turn fish delicately and leave fish to rest for 6 minutes more in microwave-oven, without heating.
Arrange butter and capers or diced pickles into a microwave-safe cooking dish.
Microwave for 1 minute on ‘HIGH’.
Pour over fish.
Serve onto a warm plate, golden side up.
Enjoy delicious recipes with King Buffet.